Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire
Yeah, I joined 🙂
So here’s the questionnaire, I’ll also put it up as a seperate page on the sidebar.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Well, I turned into a snob some time ago. So 100% merino wool is my addiction, now. But if I go through my stash I would have to change that to “sock yarn!!”. But I don’t like acrylics for knitting. Mohair et. is just fine, I knit a stole with Rowan Kid Silk Haze and loved it, too.
I also like the handmaiden SeaSilk a lot, or generally smooth silk yarns. And nice cotton, too.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a crappy roll for both, but too many needles, so they are not stored at all, I guess. For dpns I have a box that is pending adornments.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I leaned it in school when I was a kid, but the obsession started about 2 years ago. I can knit sweaters, I do knit lace and socks, so I think I’m advanced, kind of.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not really, but I can point out some things I might greatly enjoy 🙂
5. What’s your favorite scent?
That is a tough one for me – I really like orange, and lime. But most flowery scents, too.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do, sadly, bujt I have no favorites I could tell about now.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew, and I spin. So if some fiber comes into your way … but just take a look at my blog and you’ll see how bad the addiction is.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Several devices around my home and car are able to play mp3s, but I’m a bit picky in taste, so I think those efforts might be better spent elsewhere.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Again, look at the blog. But spring green, yellow, blues of all sorts, orange, purple, violet – those are my colours. I don’t like dark greens.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my boyfriend and 2 cats. Or the cats barely stand us to share their flat. Something like that 😉
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do, as a matter of fact, wear them only when it’s getting really cold, like frost bite pending cold, but yes, I do. At least scarves and fingerless mitts. I haven’t had a nice hat in years, apart from glacier style skiing equipment. No ponchos, please, there’s a bit much of me to cover for that 😉
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, and lace shawls. See, there is this thing about gauge … 😉
13. What are you knitting right now?
3 pairs of socks, the Mystery Stole 3, and Frost Flowers & Leaves shawl from a Gathering of Lace.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, I do!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I knit mostly with bamboo needles, and Addi Lace needles, and have no objections to straits or circs, either. And I like colourful needles, too.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both, so hanks are okay!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A crochet blanket I started from a pattern from my grandma, and she died when I was 10. So go figure (I think it’s 14 years old, and still in progress, just hibernating at the moment)
18. What is your favorite holiday?
The one I don’t have to work, or meet up family. My parents got divorced a year ago, so holidays have a bad downside at the moment.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Uhm, sock yarn?
But apart from that I do not really collect things.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have an Interweave Knits subscription I really love, and a Vogue Knitting one that I’m about to cancel because they never get the magazines to me until I write them busy emails. I just got the spring issue last week. Like, 5 months too late.
I have too many knitting books already, so none here … but I might think about a pattern or two. Oh, and I already said the thing about some colored knitting needles? But only if your LYS carries them.
Oh, and we don’t get knitpicks here in Europe, so if you are from the US that might be worth a look. And I am really happy with sock yarn – like Lorna’s Laces, Fleece Artist, etc. And I’d really like to try Koigu sock yarn, one day.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Not really, since I figured out spinning I have way too much to do to learn new stuff.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
More like addict 😉
My shoe size is EU 39 / US 8 – for more detailed measurements please ask.
23. When is your birthday?
February 9, 1983
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Yes, peachyknits (link is on my blog sidebar)
Please feel free to ask some more!